Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Of coffees and cuties

Picture this, I walked into Starbucks (@Jaya Supermarket) and que up on the counter. A girl waiter greeted me, took my order and while waiting for her colleague to prep up my mocha, she attempted to strike up a conversation with me. Nothing wrong with the picture right? Especially so when the above-said girl is cute and blushing away the entire time (which later she claimed she got sunburned earlier playing basketball).

So nothing wrong with the whole picture and in fact it could actually lead to an interesting evening.

Except that of all things, she talked about football.

.....

Okay I'm not gay but I belong to the small faction of straight guys who has no interest in the ongoing World Cup. The only "Cup" I'm interested in is a D-size but let's not get side-tracked.

To me it's just like every other sport. It's something I would watch at the mamak/pub while having a drink but I wont purposely stay for the entire match. I have no idea why the entire world is fixated on this sport of 22-man chasing after a leather ball in a green field.

So how did the evening ended? Of course with me grabbing my Mocha and leaving immediately before she asked me which team I was supporting. You know why...?

...Coz I would have answered "urm...our Malaysian football team?"

Note : Later in the night, I surf the net for a listing of Football teams in the World Cup just incase someone else ask me a similar question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home