Tuesday, May 24, 2005

How tough can raising a kid be?

He tugs on the sleeves of my tunic, looks up to me wide-eye and unblinking. Even without prophetic powers to foretell the future, I knew what he was going to do next.

And (while digging his nose with his other hand) he asked...

"If a crab were to lose it's shell, is it homeless or naked?"

"If a Fly were to lose it's wings, would it be call a Walk instead?"


These are some of the questions that my adopted orphan asked me. Questions which I find are not only completely pointless but also a waste of brain cells if I were to crack my head for some non-existing answers. But at the same time, it amazes me how the young boy can actually derive to such questions.

At first, I find it endearing. But lately, it's been rather annoying. How in the world would I know what's a "Zug Zug" anyway.

The boy’s gone now. The week of the warden has ended. I’ve send him back to his Matron mother as my task as his warden ended yesterday.

For the first time in the past week, I tasted peace.

I didnt have to bring him around the world to see his idols. I didnt have to travel across the continent just to buy him ice-cream from the race tracks. Most of all, I didn't have to face his mind-numbing questions that sprang forth from his curious and naive brain. I didn't have to work my creative part of my brain to come up with answers to satisfy his curiosity. Where each of my answers triggers 2 more questions from him. And I end up being bombarded by an endless swarm of questions enough to make the elders look dumb.

I have the whole day to myself.

I have the peace and tranquility that I lost when he came under my care.

And somehow, I wish he was still here...



Did I mention that all these happened in an online game? =)

I wonder if raising a kid in real life is as tough. I wonder if I have anything to do with my parent's high blood pressure and grey hair. I must find out from them what kind of questions I asked them when I was in my age of innocence.

If raising a kid is really gonna be tough...

...I guess I’ll just get a dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie Lau said...

this is sure one hell of an interesting game..ahaha

11:17 PM  
Blogger Swee San said...

a DOG ?!?! my friend has goldens to sell, u want ? :P

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home